It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:06 am

My current project and some excercises 

Post My current project and some excercises
hi friends
This is the current project i'm working on right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3jsOaBPAo

This is the first test pass. I'm responsible for everything in this shot, right from planning to this stage.
Between doing this shot, just to keep my animation buds ticking..i did these excercises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWQOfeUj ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93al_bq2 ... re=related

Let me know what you guys feel
Best regards

Sandy

Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:01 pm

Post Re: My current project and some excercises
Looks great I like the animation excersises as well.

For the city fly through, to take it to the next level., you should add more life and movement to the shot. And more importantly improve the rendering in composite.

Add moving cars, to add little life to your shot. The colours for all the buildings are too similar, they all have this light brown colour. Vary the colour alittle bit. Make some stand out.

Push the rendering to the next level by adding DOF and motion blur. Use blooms and lens flares to make it feel grand.

Aaron.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 pm

If the building done by building generator? Quite interesting.

For the animation part. Might want to take note of the follow through actions.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:16 pm

@Aaron..Thanks a lot Aaron...as for the city..there are a lot of people on the road, cattle grazing, horses running, chariots....i think it's not visible due to compression or the size of the video..original video was in gigs...but i think u cud see them if watch closely..
I'll add people in the arena, some more elements on the main gate, some more structures around the palace...
The color scheme is purposely done this way as its an old/ancient city.....at least that is how i was asked to do it..
This is just diffuse pass tweaked a little in AE..final version will definitely have all the elements..
@David...Thanks for the feedback David...its not building generator..that would have resulted into a lot of polygons...pls note that this whole flythru has been rendered on one single machine...roughly 3 minutes per frame at 1K HD..that was really tough but i learned a lot on optimizing data..if i'm not forgetting, its still 700 million polys..
As for the animation..any particular area where u felt no or lack of followthru most??.that would be a great help...
i've been reading a lot of you on this forum...really appreciate your passion and your zeal to help others.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Sandy

Are all the buildings created using procedure way. Very interesting. Good job.

As for the animation. It could just be me. So don't worry too much about it. I could be wrong.

For the rope jump. Looking at his poses, the distant that he start to jump and the height. I would expect the swing to go backwards slightly further away before coming back again. Especially looking at the way he struggled with his legs. I am referring to the recoil action.

For box lift. When he lift up the box. It looks very heavy. The part when the box bounces up and then settled down. I would expect a slight shift to his body due to the weight. Then recover back to its original pose before moving off. The part after the weight is on him. He looks absolutely stable. With no movement for a while. In general. I would expect to see a recover stage after weight is added to him. Not sure if I explained myself well. When you film someone lifting a box and expect him to move exactly the way you animated it. You might see it.

Its a minor thing. You may ignore me. :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:21 am

Quote:
@Aaron..Thanks a lot Aaron...as for the city..there are a lot of people on the road, cattle grazing, horses running, chariots....i think it's not visible due to compression or the size of the video..original video was in gigs...but i think u cud see them if watch closely..
I'll add people in the arena, some more elements on the main gate, some more structures around the palace...
The color scheme is purposely done this way as its an old/ancient city.....at least that is how i was asked to do it..
This is just diffuse pass tweaked a little in AE..final version will definitely have all the elements..

Wow thats really impressive. I thought it was generated procedurally as well.
What is this project for, may I ask?

very cool stuff, would love to learn how you did this.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks David....
As for the rope jump thing...you were not wrong..its looking a lot better after doing what you've suggested..it gives a better sense of weight...
I think i need to tweak some more areas...i'lll post the finished work soon..
Box lifting..i'll try variations with it and come up with the results..

Thanks Aaron..this city is greeble plus some modeled low poly houses..
The whole city was planned in terms of what will come where (i mean housing blocks, arena, lake, temples etc) and how the camera is going to move..once the layout was frozen, based on that i created some detailed houses which are placed near the camera path...some more structures were modeled to break the scene...see those construction, temples..houses with dome , lakes etc..
A lot of houses near the camera were adjusted/placed manually..houses further away are less detailed..a lot of them dont even have back walls...everything was setup on mr proxy...80% of the scene i would say was proxied..hope i was able to make myself clear...i'll post something interesting on this later today..
the machine i used was a dual 12 core xeon with 48 gb ram and a quadro 450.

I dont know what this is for..i was asked to create an old city flythru so i did tht....its was a lot of fun and learning..

These are some old works i did for practicing modeling lighting and texturing..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLeQ1m7DLI

hope u like them..

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:53 pm

A quick little composition of how the houses may look in the city..

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Greeble plus... interesting. Good job. Is this a commercial work? Or are you still studying? Very interesting. Well done. ;)

What did you use for the trees?

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Thanks David..i'm pitching in for a project..I'm a self learned guy, very comfortable with 3ds max in many departments..trying to get into character animation now (for the last 2-3 years on and off)...pls check your pm inbox.

For the trees..there are just three or four trees..rest of them are instanced proxies..

sandy

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:12 am