It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:38 am

Female WIP 

Post Female WIP
A female sculpt done in Zbrush. Intended to be game model. Hair penetrating for now, will fix that later after i decide on the final hairdo. Head is a separate subtool for max polygon count, will be fixed at the retopo stage.
Critiques are most welcomed.

Turntable here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmLrhjw0nlA

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:59 pm

Post Re: Female WIP
Not too bad. Watch the curves around the hips.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:50 am

Thanks David! Will work on it.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Looks nice..

In terms of critique.. whats with the hands? very bony looking and bent at a very uncomfortable pose..

also.. the folds on the jacket.. a bit much? are the sleeves wet? That might result in extra amount of folds... same goes with the pants.. especially the calf area..

she has big heart.. :D

POLICE!! Game Model
Latest WIP update

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:04 am

Hahah, frankly i made a lot of mistakes in this model. But it is a learning process.

I tried to be funny and posed the fingers first before sculpting it. Then i realize it is hard to get it anatomically correct with all the fingers bent (I guess my anatomy skills is not as badass as i imagined it to be). In the end, i tried my best to sculpt it and make do with whatever i have. Will definitely try to resculpt it if i can!

The jacket is a leather jacket. Something like this:
http://blufer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Mens-Zipper-Side-Motorcycle-Cruiser-Jacket-01.jpg?&w=180&h=145
Most of the compression folds actually happen at the sleeve area.

As for the pants, the bottom of the jeans is inserted into the boots, which causes all these compression folds to ripple upwards until it reaches the next anchor, which is the knee.

Wooooo, me like biiiiiig heart! Hahahha initially i was worried that she will look freaky, but i guess it turns out not too weird looking.

Thanks for the feedbacks! Appreciate it!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Gonna start using this thread as my sketchbook.

Generally not satisfied with the sculpt, but this was meant to be a quick one, so i may come back to fix it next time. I kitbashed the ears, so it is actually a separate subtool.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:33 am

Nice Sketchbook going on in here. Just some crits and tips i'd like to share. In terms of the detailing, perhaps more time can be spent sharpening and chiseling out the main shapes. Blurry forms will only be blurred out even more once textures are applied so its important to get past the melted wax kind of look by knocking down the shapes at a pretty good and sharp level before applying alphas. Its very clear on the seam lines, pockets, as well as her hair that some areas are just too softly sculpted. Instead of just smoothing all the way you can use brushes like the hd polish, or the trim dynamic to clean things up. Both brushes will eat into your model when using them but if press the alt button, they will do the inverse and pull geometry out and smoothen form at the same time.

You don't have to fix this model if you don't have the time, sometimes its just better to move on as long as you keep in mind what can be improved in the previous model and apply that to the next. Anyways keep it up and keep on sculpting, I'm sure you have plenty of references that you can use to guide but if you need any more specific ones I'll be glad to share some.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:18 pm