It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:41 am

Passion? 

Post Re: Passion?
David Kwok wrote:

But in reality. Work is work. Personal project is personal project. No matter what you do.

This is important. Took me some time to figure it out. :) But once you understand this, you sort of understand what your passion is really about.. or how you define it.

David Kwok wrote:

With all these motivation. What I do, no longer matters. Its the big picture that matters.

This is also very important. Not everyday you get to do what you like to do, but being able to work with people you enjoy working with has its perks. Enjoying yourself at work is very important and if you can't seek 100% satisfaction(who can?) with the nature of your work, at least try to have fun with the folks you work with.

Essentially, I'd say you have to feel it. No one going to light that fire in you. If you burn out, go take a break, do something else. Don't force yourself into something you don't feel like doing, it just makes matters worse. Take a breather and then come back with a fresh mind. Everyone is different, I've known some industry people who hardcore do 3d every night after work and I know some who don't at all, and to them , 3d is just a job. Is that wrong? Absolutely not.

Life is damn short so don't fuss yourself over the little things. I think you are asking yourself this question because you have a target you want to be at but realise you don't have the passion to keep working on it. I used to be like that, go psycho on myself for not being hardworking, not focused enough , it took me many years to understand that at the end , it's about the journey and not the destination.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:44 am

What Dom said is very true. I always tell people this. "Enjoy the journey".

Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:47 am

Great points by Dave, Dom and lin ping.

One thing that always helped me pull through times like these is to remember why I even wanted to do this in the first place. Along time ago this was just a dream, and when I think of it that way I don't take things for granted anymore.

As for the passion thing. Sure an inspiring thing happens once in a while. But alot of times you got light that fire up yourself. Everyone's got their own way, from looking peoples artworks, doing a personal project, watching a movie or just doing something that excites you.

Being inspired doesn't have to be a random feeling that we wait for. We are what we repeatedly do. So if you work hard on getting it, the feeling becomes a habit.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:59 am
Site Admin

Good points

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm